Pittsburg resident dies in house fire

   Local family and friends are now mourning the loss of a Pittsburg resident who succumbed to injuries suffered in a late-night house fire Jan. 28.

   Just before midnight Thursday, the Pittsburg Fire Department, Pittsburg Police Department Camp County Sheriff’s Office and Camp County EMS responded to a reported residential structure fire and entrapment at 201 Montgomery St. in Pittsburg.

   Once on the scene at 11:53 p.m., first responders found heavy fire and smoke conditions. The responding crew immediately began search and rescue efforts. Despite their best efforts, one occupant did not survive. The victim was later identified as Marier Johnson, 57, of Pittsburg. Because the fire resulted in a fatality, the State Fire Marshal’s Office has been contacted for assistance; a standard procedure.